Join American clinical laboratory and Fortune 500 company Quest Diagnostics, Currently hiring Technologist Medical in Rockville Maryland at Read role and responsibility to apply Quest Diagnostics is careers in Rockville.
Position : Technologist Medical
Location : Rockville, MD
Job Type : Full-Time
Department : Laboratory Operations
Technologist Medical I ** $8k Sign-On** – Rockville, MD – 40 hour nightshift
(10:45p-7:15a) with rotating weekends JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:1. Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test result;
2. Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
3. Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures (see department SOPs).
4. Review and release test results.
5. Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in their respective guidelines.
6. Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and all maintenance performed;
7. Follow the laboratory’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
8. Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor.
9. Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
10. Follow department’s procedure in reporting STATS or Critical results to clients.
11. If applicable, answer questions from customers or other lab personnel.
12. Maintain complete records of all testing performed on-site.
13. Maintain general appearance of the department.
14. Make sure reagents/test kits have received dates, expiration dates, and if applicable opened dates. 15. Review/train on new procedures.
16. Attend monthly department and any additional training/educational meetings.
17. Participate in all applicable safety training sessions. Know the location and contents of the safety manual. Know the location/use of all applicable safety equipment.
18. If needed, participate in government or regulatory agency inspections.
19. Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.JOB REQUIREMENTS:Education:
BS in Medical Technology preferred; or BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, or Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Technology, or Previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493. 1433 published in March 14, 1990. Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation). United States educated candidates must provide a detailed original transcript.Work Experience:
1 year Clinical experience (high complexity testing) preferred. Minimum of 1 year of clinical laboratory experience in highly complex testing for those with BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology.Special Requirements:
1. Must have the ability to establish work priorities and handle several procedures simultaneously.
2. Must interact with other departments.
3. Contact with clients may be required, good customer service skills are important.
4. Must protect patient confidentiality at all times.Key Word Search
• MT/CLS – Microbiology: Microbiology, Microbiologist, Molecular Microbiology, Bacteriology, Mycology, Phycology, Virology, Public Microbiologist• MT/CLS – Hematology: Hematology, Hematologist , Hematological, Hemoglobin, Blood Bank, Coagulation, CBC (Complete Blood Count)• MT/CLS – Immunochemistry: Immunochemistry, Immunochemist, Immunochemical, Assay Validation – ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay), Immunology, Chemistry, Chemoimmunology• MT/CLS – Chemistry: Chemistry, Chemoimmunology , Immunochemistry, Immunoassays, electrochemistry, Chemical Science
• MT/CLS – Toxicology or PDM – Toxicology, Pain, Pain Management, Pain Monitoring, LCMS, mass spectrometry, LCMSMSreq93019
Career Tag : Quest Diagnostics jobs in Rockville, Quest Diagnostics careers in Rockville, Laboratory Operations jobs in Rockville MD, Full-Time jobs in Rockville MD, Quest Diagnostics Laboratory Operations jobs in Rockville Maryland, Rockville jobs
Looking to join healthcare leaders? Pharmry will help you to get Pharma jobs in Rockville. Quest Diagnostics is currently hiring Technologist Medical in Rockville Maryland. Subscribe us to get latest job alert from us.