Join American clinical laboratory and Fortune 500 company Quest Diagnostics, Currently hiring Senior Scientist – Mass Spectrometry in Santa Clarita California at Read role and responsibility to apply Quest Diagnostics is careers in Santa Clarita.
Position : Senior Scientist – Mass Spectrometry
Location : Santa Clarita, CA
Job Type : Full-Time
Department : Scientist
Look for more than answers. At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast-moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people. As a Senior Scientist, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. This role is based in Valencia, CA.at the Esoteric Testing Lab Senior Scientist LC-MS/MS and Clinical Test Method developer, the role: The Senior Scientist plans, prepares, conducts and records complex bench level chemical/biochemical experiments for the analysis of drugs and other small molecules. The scientist will utilize their broad array of knowledge of biological matrix sample preparation, moderate and high complexity method design and complete analytical test method validation in a clinical setting. This professional prepares reports and presentations, conducts analysis of results as related to product/process development improvement and helps to keep the day to day laboratory operations running smoothly by offering technical support. Activities may also be focused on individual projects or assignments as a member of the Collaborative Scientific Investigation (CSI) team which may include project leadership duties. Job responsibilities:
• Develops, plans, conducts and records results from complex high-throughput experiments using automated liquid-handling and LC-MS/MS platforms.
• Performs laboratory experiments following defined protocols and company procedures. Reports status of assigned projects through the preparation of detailed reports and documentation that summarize experiment results.
• Works within established parameters on individual assignments, on project teams for longer-term projects and as a technical leader to Assistant Scientists or Associate Scientists.
• Identifies problems, investigates alternatives and recommends possible courses of action.
• Maintains knowledge of technological developments that may assist in the completion of an assignment or lead to new products, processes or procedures by reading current literature.
• Effectively utilizes and applies advanced clinical drug testing methods or technologies.
• Contributes ideas for new testing method development typically within existing markets.
• Responsibilities include working with infectious materials, supporting and complying with the company hazard waste handling practices. To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• 5+ years of extensive industrial experience and significant demonstration of capabilities for a candidate with a Masters degree, or a Ph.D. (preferably in the physical sciences)
• Experience in developing clinical testing method following CLIA regulatory guidelines.
• Experience conducting high-throughput experiments using automated liquid-handling and LC-MS/MS platforms.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as, mass spectral data, professional journals, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write complete SOPs, reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively in one-on-one and small group situations.
• Ability to apply scientific and mathematical concepts to problem-solving situations. Apply Today Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better. Your Quest career. Seek it out. All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.
Career Tag : Quest Diagnostics jobs in Santa Clarita, Quest Diagnostics careers in Santa Clarita, Scientist jobs in Santa Clarita CA, Full-Time jobs in Santa Clarita CA, Quest Diagnostics Scientist jobs in Santa Clarita California, Santa Clarita jobs
Looking to join healthcare leaders? Pharmry will help you to get Pharma jobs in Santa Clarita. Quest Diagnostics is currently hiring Senior Scientist – Mass Spectrometry in Santa Clarita California. Subscribe us to get latest job alert from us.