Pharmry has an immediate opening for a full-time Medical Assistant to assist at the Oceanside location. Candidate should have great attention to detail and excellent customer service skills and ability to multi-task.
Position: Medical Assistant
Location : Oceanside, New York – US
Job Type : Full Time
Department : Family Practice Clinic
Shift : Day
Pay Range: $18 to $24/hour
Weekly Schedule : Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Category : Medical Assistant
Job description :
The Medical Assistant in Oceanside is responsible for assisting the physician with Oceanside patient care, including obtaining history, chief complaint, and consents; assisting with cosmetic procedures, escorting patients to room, preparing them for provider, and assisting in patient education regarding aftercare protocols and what to expect after treatment, refer other responsibility as listed below.
- Provides basic level of patient care and treatments to Oceanside to patients,
- Assists with obtaining vital signs, documents chief complaint and all actions taken. Alerts physician of problems/concerns/abnormalities.
- Assists with obtaining Oceanside patient history, assists physicians and residents and/or licensed nursing personnel.
- Conducts patient intakes (e.g. blood pressure, pulse, respirations, temperature, etc.)
- Performs simple patient procedures, sets up exam/procedure rooms including instruments for minor procedures, prepares and may include administrating medications (excluding IV) under direct supervision of a physician.
- Obtains lab specimen and fills out requisitions completely and accurately.
- Obtains authorization for referral (normally from Oceanside clinics).
- Conducts front desk duties such as registration, check-in and scheduling of patients.
- High School Diploma/GED,
- Completion of Medical Assistant Program MA Certificate or Diploma,
- Basic computer skills required, MS Outlook, Windows-based programs,
- Previous medical office and/or insurance experience in Oceanside,
- Bi-lingual skills
- 401(k) Retirement
- Medical, Vision, Prescription & Dental Plans
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Extended Illness Days Offered
- Colleague Referral Bonus Program
Career Tag : Medical Assistant jobs in Oceanside, Medical Assistant jobs nearby in Oceanside , Medical office administration job in Oceanside, Patient Care Assistant jobs in Oceanside, Medical Assistant hiring in Oceanside, Health care assistant jobs in Oceanside, PRN jobs in Oceanside, Medical jobs hiring in Oceanside, Medical Administration jobs in Oceanside, jobs in Medical
Looking to join healthcare leaders? Pharmry will help you to get healthcare jobs in Oceanside. Pharmry is currently hiring Medical Assistant in Oceanside . Subscribe us to get latest job alert from us.