Join healthcare leader Kaiser, Currently hiring Polysomnographic Technologist, Apply kaiser permanente jobs Sacramento. for more role and responsibility to apply KP careers Sacramento.
Position : Polysomnographic Technologist
Location : Sacramento, California
Job Type : Full-time
Description: The Polysomnographic Technologist is responsible for laboratory set-up, patient hook-ups & performing & evaluating ambulatory & overnight polysomnograms. Functions independently to safety operate sophisticated medical equipment to record sleep & wake physiology. Expected to work as a team member to perform any & all of the tasks required of each shift. Each tech is critical to the functioning of the whole team. Task sequence, methods, & procedures are set according to international standards guidelines & standards, & Sleep Clinic policy & procedures. The Polysomnographic Tech is expected to maintain a schedule which includes day, evening or night shifts.
• Reviews existing patient medical information, verifies physician orders prior to data collection, & implements lab protocols & procedures. Demonstrates knowledge regarding common sleep disorders. Demonstrates knowledge of & ability to perform standard testing procedures. Performs lab computer equipment calibrations correctly & in a timely manner. Demonstrates knowledge of the theory & operation of polygraphs. Demonstrates knowledgeable regarding the theory & operation of ancillary devices. Utilizes sleep clinic montages in an appropriate manner. Demonstrates the ability to troubleshoot technical problems in an effective & timely manner.
• Distributes ambulatory equipment. instructs patients regarding hook-up procedure & testing process for overnight testing. Accurately & securely applies electrodes & sensors to patient, using universal standards, & according to clinic policy & procedures. Accurately & safety inserts Pes according to clinic policy & procedures. Appropriately fits patient for nasal mask during titration tests.
• Performs data acquisition & collection procedures according to established protocols & procedures. Correctly recognizes & eliminates artifact during data collection to meet quality standards. Provides medications to patients per physician orders & according to policy & procedures. Appropriately responds to patient care needs. Performs CPAP & Bi-level titrations according to Sleep Clinic policy & procedures. Provides comprehensive tech notes, & log sheets during polysomnograhic testing rocedures. Generates a comprehensive technologist report to reflect testing procedures, patient testing outcomes, & environmental influences. Conducts urine screen according to policy & procedure.
• Follows Infection Prevention policies & procedures. Practices universal precautions. Reports unsafe condition, immediately. Follows guidelines for emergency response during sleep recordings and/or testing procedures. Demonstrates knowledge of the emergency resuscitation procedure. Appropriately reprocesses packages & prepares supplies, according to Sleep Clinic policy & procedures for supply processing.
• Seeks resources for direction, when necessary. Adjusts communication to match special age-specific needs. Adjusts practice /selects equipment to accommodate age-specific needs. Demonstrates acceptance of patient & family regardless of race, gender, disease process, life-style, sexual orientation, religious or cultural beliefs. Responds w/ patient & nonpatient emergencies according to policies & procedures. Assists in conducting educational in-services to patients relating to procedure & equipment. Demonstrates ability to provide patient follow-up care & information in an efficient & timely manner. Maintains patient privacy.
• Manages information utilizing appropriate manual or electronic systems. Demonstrates knowledge & proficiency w/ file management system. Maintains confidentiality. Documents clinical information accurately & completely & within specified time. Adequately displays attention to detail in the laboratory environment. Demonstrates the ability to analyze data in a methodical, detail oriented, organized & timely manner. Maintains an expected competency rate of one & half hours per file for data analysis. Reviews consults & books appts.
– Two (2) years of experience as a Medical Assistant or other equivalent related health care experience.
– Twelve (12) to Eighteen (18) months of experience in the field of Polysomnography required.
– High School Diploma/GED required.
– Graduation from a polysomnographic educational program approved by the Medical Board of California required.
– To become registered: Must have graduated from a polysomnographic educational program approved by the Board.
License, Certification, Registration
– Current BLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
– Current Registered Polysomnographic Technician (RPSGT) Certification required.
– Current registration as a polysomnographic technologist by the Medical Board of California is required.
– Medical Assistant Certificate or other related Health Care experience.
– Must have passed a national certifying examination approved by the Board, specifically the examination given by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists.
– Must have a valid, current credentials as a polysomnographic technologist issued by a national accrediting agency approved by the Board, specifically the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists. Note: Until 10/22/12, a polysomnographic technologist applicant may satisfy the requirements above by submitting proof that he or she has been practicing polysomnography safely for at least five (5) years.
– Demonstrated proven knowledge and competency in all aspects of Polysomnographic testing and procedures.
– Computer proficiency and attention to detail required.
– Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
– Ability to work independently and accomplish a multitude of tasks within a team structure.
– Ability to communicate effectively with all hospital staff, physicians, and the general public.
– Some college preferred.
– Aptitude in utilizing standard laboratory equipment preferred.
Primary Location: California,Sacramento,S. Sacramento Dan B. Moore
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 30
Workdays: Sun, Mon, Tue
Working Hours Start: 07:30 PM
Working Hours End: 05:00 AM
Job Schedule: Part-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: A01|SEIU|United Healthworkers
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Department: So Sacramento Hospital North – Neurology-Sleep Laboratory – 0206
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Submit application at https://www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org/search-jobs
Career Tag : Kaiser Jobs Sacramento, Kaiser Permanente career Sacramento, KP jobs nearby Sacramento, Healthcare jobs in Sacramento California, Kaiser Sacramento jobs, Sacramento jobs, kaiser hospital jobs Sacramento California, KP
Looking to join healthcare leaders? Pharmry will help you to get Pharma and hospital jobs in Sacramento. Kaiser Permanente is currently hiring a Polysomnographic Technologist in Sacramento California. Subscribe us to get latest job alert from us.