Join healthcare leader Kaiser, Currently hiring Physical Therapist -Home Health, Apply kaiser permanente jobs Vancouver. for more role and responsibility to apply KP careers Vancouver.
Position : Physical Therapist -Home Health
Location : Vancouver, Washington
Job Type : Full-time
Description: The physical therapist provides home care services to Kaiser Permanente patients in community based and facility settings. This position may provide therapy services to patients in the home health, hospice, home infusion, palliative care, or other programs under the direction of the patient’s physician(s) to provide quality health care outcomes and facilitate the achievement of maximum independence of the patient utilizing health care resources within Kaiser Permanente and the community. This care is provided through coordinating the delivery of high quality, cost-effective skilled, rehabilitative or palliative care as part of an interdisciplinary team.
– Provides skilled physical therapy services consistent with agency policy, state practice acts, and applicable state and federal regulations as directed by the patient’s physician
– Demonstrates professional behavior supporting regional and departmental policies, procedures goals and values. Activities include performing initial and ongoing assessments of patient rehab potential, functional needs and abilities, activity tolerance, mobility, safety in the home environment, equipment needs, compliance with physician ordered care (including medications), psychosocial status, need for community resources and Continuing Care Services. Actively seeks opportunity for continued professional growth and knowledge
– Develops and implements an individualized care plan utilizing departmental and community resources in a cost-effective manner. Skilled plan of physical therapy care includes therapeutic exercises/activities, modalities, adaptive equipment based on patient assessment and understanding of treatment risks and benefits relevant to the patient’s medical condition, rehabilitation potential and prognosis
– Coordinates the delivery of physical therapy care with nursing, social work, aide and therapy to Kaiser Permanente and non-Kaiser Permanente providers which results in effective utilization of resources and the timely attainment of achievable rehabilitation and/or palliative care goals. Supervise physical therapy assistants through on-site evaluation of the provision of care, conferencing and review of their documentation according to State Practice Act and agency policy/procedure. Provide supervision of the home health aide plan of care within state/federal guidelines
– Participates in quality and performance improvement activities within the department including, but not limited to, measurement and continuous improvement of clinical competency, regulatory compliance, outcome achievement, resource management, work team performance, and customer satisfaction
– Performs other duties as requested
– Minimum one (1) year of physical therapy experience.
– Experience as an interdisciplinary team member.
– Bachelor of science in physical therapy or a certificate or master’s degree in physical therapy.
– Graduation from a physical therapy program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association or the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association in collaboration with the American Physical Therapy Association.
License, Certification, Registration
– Current Oregon AND Washington Physical Therapy license required. License in state where assigned required upon hire/transfer, application for license in secondary state required within 6 weeks of hire/transfer and must be obtained within 6 months.
– Basic Life Support (BLS)for Health Care Providers required upon hire/transfer.
– National Provider Identifier (NPI) required prior to employment start date.
– Valid driver’s license.
– Able to adapt quality physical therapy and rehabilitation into a patient’s home setting.
– Must be able to safely assist patients with mobility and transfers in the home setting.
– Demonstrates competency in the use of physical therapy modalities and equipment in the home care setting.
– Demonstrates effective interpersonal communication.
– Able to prioritize patient needs to achieve attainable treatment goals.
– Thorough knowledge of teaching/learning principles.
– Working knowledge of interdisciplinary care coordination.
– Able to learn to operate a laptop computer to perform clinical documentation.
– Keyboarding or typing skills.
– Note: This position requires completion of a typing test.
– Note: This position requires a reliable automobile to travel to and from patient homes.
– Working knowledge of the managed care industry preferred.
– Knowledge of Medicare regulations/requirements preferred.
– Working knowledge of palliative care for the terminally ill patient preferred.
– Knowledgeable of the care for the chronically ill and frail elderly preferred.
– Excellent time management, problem solving and customer service skills preferred.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills preferred.
– Able to work autonomously and manage their caseload preferred.
– Operational knowledge of computerized clinical documentation and office application systems including the use of laptop/notebook computers preferred.
Primary Location: Washington,Vancouver,Salmon Creek Medical/Dental Offices
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Working Hours Start: 08:30 AM
Working Hours End: 05:00 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: W05|AFT|Local 5017
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Department: Salmon Creek Medical/Dental – Home Health – 1008
Travel: Yes, 100 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Submit application at https://www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org/search-jobs
Career Tag : Kaiser Jobs Vancouver, Kaiser Permanente career Vancouver, KP jobs nearby Vancouver, Healthcare jobs in Vancouver Washington, Kaiser Vancouver jobs, Vancouver jobs, kaiser hospital jobs Vancouver Washington, KP
Looking to join healthcare leaders? Pharmry will help you to get Pharma and hospital jobs in Vancouver. Kaiser Permanente is currently hiring a Physical Therapist -Home Health in Vancouver Washington. Subscribe us to get latest job alert from us.