Join healthcare leader Kaiser Permanente as Phlebotomist in Longview. Read role and responsibility to apply Kaiser Permanente is careers in Longview Washington.
Position : Phlebotomist
Location : Longview, Washington
Job Type : Full-time
Description: Support the laboratory function of providing diagnostic information for use in patient care by ensuring proper collection and processing of laboratory specimens. Perform or assist with special procedures, mentor/orient students and new employees, and ensure workflow meets service delivery needs. Respond effectively to member, clinicians, nursing staff and other department needs.
– Perform order entry, specimen collection and processing according to Work Instructions (WI), clarify clinician orders and obtain pertinent patient information.
– Accurately identify patients.
– Determine specimen requirements and collect patient sample using appropriate process of venipuncture or capillary collection based on patient age and/or condition.
– Assure completeness and accuracy of specimen labeling.
– Obtain and enter appropriate patient or specimen information into laboratory computer system.
– Provide good customer service to all members.
– Prioritize workload according to urgency of request.
– Coordinate activities of the Phlebotomy and Laboratory Service/Technical Assistant workgroups to meet operational service needs.
– Act as resource for medical or laboratory staff.
– Provide information and facilitate specimen or order problem investigation and resolution.
– Using appropriate resources, make decisions as required for sample collection and patient processing.
– Facilitate communication between Phlebotomists and Laboratory Service/Technical Assistants in problem solving and member assistance, triaging to supervisor as needed.
– Provide instructions to physicians, nursing staff and patients in proper specimen collection, answering related questions accurately.
– Evaluate, process, and coordinate specimens for testing and/or shipping by following applicable WI.
– Centrifuge, aliquot, separate, refrigerate, freeze or handle specimens as required to maintain specimen integrity.
– Consult computer information for special handling instructions, referring questions to Client Services or technical specialist(s) for additional handling or shipping instructions when indicated.
– Complete appropriate forms as applicable.
– Use laboratory computer system to obtain patient demographics, perform order entry, enter pertinent clinical information, generate barcode labels and ensure tracking of each test ordered and each specimen collected and/or received.
– Print reports.
– Use laboratory information computer system to track specimens.
– Perform all duties required of Laboratory Service/Technical Assistant.
– Assist clinician or Pathologists with bone marrow collection and processing.
– Perform isolation procedures, bacterial, acid-fast and fungal blood cultures, blood smear preparation, microbiology set-up and Code 99 (Code Blue) response as required and ordered by clinician.
– Remain current in new and revised work instructions and lab and organizational policies.
– Periodically review procedure manuals, Quality System documents and organizational policies.
– Assist supervisor, coordinator or specialist in identifying and reporting any procedural discrepancies.
– Complete annual requirements (PPD, safety etc.).
– Provide input into development or revision of procedures to meet operational needs.
– Attend and participate in staff meetings.
– Support department workflow and records maintenance through accurate workload recording, quality assurance monitors, supply inventory, quality control checks and records.
– Completion of an Accredited Phlebotomy Program which includes successful completion of an experience practicum OR minimum eighteen (18) months of phlebotomy experience within the previous five (5) years in a multi-patient clinical laboratory.
– High school diploma or GED.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
– Washington State Medical Assistant-Phlebotomist to perform venous and capillary invasive procedures for blood withdrawal. Certification is required of all unlicensed individuals who perform minor invasive procedures to withdraw blood in WA state. Proof of certification is required within 90 days of hire.
– Demonstrated customer-focused service skills.
– Demonstrated understanding of basic phlebotomy principles and techniques.
– Detail oriented, able to handle multiple tasks in a limited time frame.
– Able to produce high quantity/quality of work, problem solve, exercise good judgment.
– Able to bend, stoop, reach and lift minimum of 10 pounds.
– Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills with command of the English language.
– Demonstrated interpersonal skills, teamwork.
– Working knowledge of keyboard/data entry.
– Attestation to completion of seven hours of AIDS education and training.
– Four (4) or more years of phlebotomy experience in a multi-patient laboratory setting including geriatric, pediatrics, inpatient and/or difficult phlebotomy draws preferred.
– National Phlebotomy certification preferred.
– Thorough understanding of phlebotomy principles and techniques and phlebotomy equipment preferred.
– Thorough understanding of sample collection requirements preferred.
– Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred.
– Written and verbal communication skills preferred.
– Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills, teamwork, independent worker preferred.
– Leadership skills preferred.
Primary Location: Washington,Longview,Longview/Kelso Medical/Dental Offices
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 32
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Sat
Working Hours Start: 09:30 AM
Working Hours End: 06:30 PM
Job Schedule: Part-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: W06|SEIU|Local 49
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Department: Longview-Kelso Medical/Dental – Pathology/Lab-LAB #1 – 1008
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Career Tag : Kaiser Permanente Jobs in Longview, Kaiser Permanente career in Longview, Kaiser health jobs in Longview, Healthcare jobs in Longview Washington, Jobs in Longview Washington, Longview jobs, Hiring nearby in Longview Washington
Looking to join healthcare leaders? Pharmry will help you to get Pharma jobs in Longview. Kaiser Permanente is currently looking to hire a Phlebotomist in Longview Washington. Subscribe us to get latest job alert from us.