Join healthcare leader Kaiser Permanente as Graduate Registered Nurse Anesthetist – Per Diem in Anaheim. Read role and responsibility to apply Kaiser Permanente is careers in Anaheim California.
Position : Graduate Registered Nurse Anesthetist – Per Diem
Location : Anaheim, California
Job Type : Full-time
Description: Under the medical direction/supervision of an Anesthesiologist, administers general and regional anesthesia for all types of surgical, obstetrical and other procedures that require anesthesia services, to patients of various age groups including: neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric in accordance with hospital and departmental standards of care. Such intervention may include, but not be limited to: airway management; maintenance of fluid balance; homeostasis; monitoring; response to emergencies related to airway management and cardiopulmonary resuscitation; and management of patients on ventilators.
– Administers anesthesia to all age groups.
– Upholds Kaiser Permanente’s Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
– Complies with organizational rules, policies and procedures (i.e. TJC, Title 22, Regional and Department requirements).
– Evaluates patients pre-operatively by interviewing and examining patient; reviews chart for relevant information.
– In collaboration with MD selects anesthetic for patient based on pre-operative examination.
– Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation process in delivery of services to patients of each age group served: neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric.
– Selects anesthetic for patient based on pre-operative examination.
– Evaluates patient’s response to pre-medication.
– Communicates with surgeon and anesthesiologist regarding special concerns of patient.
– Checks anesthesia equipment daily and between cases to assure safe operating condition.
– Prepares drugs for administration.
– Administers anesthesia in accordance with delineated clinical privileges and any conditions or restrictions imposed thereof.
– Monitors the patient intraoperatively.
– Evaluates operative and post-operative condition of patient and takes necessary action to maintain stability.
– Evaluates the patients postoperatively (within 24 hours).
– Maintains an accurate accounting of controlled substances in accordance with departmental guidelines.
– Maintains equipment and supplies as outlined in department policies and procedures.
– Complies with organizational rules, policies and procedures (i.e. TJC, CAC Title 22, Regional and Department requirements).
– Establishes and maintains courteous and cooperative relations when interacting with public, patients, staff and other personnel.
– May perform other duties within scope of licensure/certification as required.
– Note:Must be able to work within an Anesthesia team model, work with MDA’s, CRNA’s and Anesthesia TECH’s.
• Graduate of an educational program in Nurse Anesthesia accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia
Educational Programs and Schools.
License, Certification, Registration
• Valid and current California RN license.
• Valid BCLS card.
• Valid ACLS (American Heart Association).
• PALS card where required.
• CRNA eligible and must achieve certification within five (5) months of date of program completion to continue employment.
• New Graduate. Experience in anesthesia for major procedures involving extensive monitoring and fluid, blood, and electrolyte replacement for various age group patients.
• GRNA’s must demonstrate both technical/clinical and professional skill and ability along with all related techniques and procedures within the scope of practice as defined by the State of California Department of Consumer Affairs.
• Additional skills are required in charting and documentation, knowledge of equipment and supplies, productivity, job and personal maturity communication, and education and staff development.
• General and Regional administration, deep sedation, Hemodynamic monitoring, use of all Anesthesia related equipments, communication skills and a team player.
• Will float between Anaheim & Irvine. Days, evening, nights and weekends will be required.
Primary Location: California,Anaheim,Orange Co Anaheim Medical Center
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 1
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Working Hours Start: 07:00 AM
Working Hours End: 06:49 AM
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: B12|KPNAA|KPNAA
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: OC Anaheim Medical Center – Med/Surge – General – 0801
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Career Tag : Kaiser Permanente Jobs in Anaheim, Kaiser Permanente career in Anaheim, Kaiser health jobs in Anaheim, Healthcare jobs in Anaheim California, Jobs in Anaheim California, Anaheim jobs, Hiring nearby in Anaheim California
Looking to join healthcare leaders? Pharmry will help you to get Pharma jobs in Anaheim. Kaiser Permanente is currently looking to hire a Graduate Registered Nurse Anesthetist – Per Diem in Anaheim California. Subscribe us to get latest job alert from us.