Join healthcare leader Kaiser Permanente as Pathology Technician Assistant AA – Grade 430 in Roseville. Read role and responsibility to apply Kaiser Permanente is careers in Roseville California.
Position : Pathology Technician Assistant AA – Grade 430
Location : Roseville, California
Job Type : Full-time
Description: Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Pathology/Laboratory Director and the Laboratory Administrative Director or designee and under general supervision of the grossing pathologist, assists pathologist in the receipt, organization of surgical tissue specimens, and autopsies and assures and logs specimens appropriately, processes, and disposes in a timely and safe manner. All tasks are to be done courtestly and correctly using judgment to respond appropriately to changing workload. Must be willing to work in a Labor/Management Partnership enviroment.
• Receives, transports, verifies identification, logs, and prepares gross surgical and cytology specimens received in pathology.
• May be required to pick up and transport all pathology specimens from laboratory and surgery, verifying specimen identification and resolves discrepancies.
• Labels specimens, requisitions, cassettes with surgical accession number, legibly and accurately.
• Enters accession number, patient and specimen identifiers into computer database.
• Processes, prepares, and sends specimens to outside laboratory and accurately completes all associated paperwork.
• Processes, prepares, and distributes intra-facility consultations.
• Performs tissue sections according to written policies and procedures.
• Assists pathologist with gross examination.
• Sets up necessary equipment, supplies and specimens for gross examination.
• Stores specimens after examination.
• Disinfects area/instruments including cryostat.
• May assist pathologists preparing fetal/infant cadavers and associated paperwork for delivery to fetal pathologists.
• Maintains wet tissue storage.
• Stores, rotates, and disposes of all wet tissues in accordance with departmental procedures. Disinfects and maintains specimen storage cabinets.
• Disposes of tissues, decanting formaldehyde per department protocol and following all safety precautions.
• Assists other staff, as directed, and assists with clerical duties:
• Receives slides from Regional Lab and distributes slides to pathologist. Verifies accuracy of shipment.
• Files, including slides.
• Assists with stocking supplies and proper utilization of supplies.
• Mailing and distribution of report.
• Answering the telephone and responding to voicemail messages in a timely manner.
• According to established facility protocol, conducts daily morgue census; verifies if autopsy is required and collects permit chart, etc. as assigned.
• Properly labels, stores, handles, and disposes reagents and hazardous wastes according to local, State and Federal regulations. This may include recycling or reprocessing of reagents used in the department/unit including neutralization of formaldehyde before disposing.
• May be assigned to train staff in all non-grossing duties.
• Performs other duties assigned.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
– Current pathology experience including assisting in receipt and processing surgical specimens
– Experience in assisting the pathologists in post mortem procedures preferred
– Current pathology technical assistant experience preferred
– Must have an AA in Laboratory Science or Medical Laboratory Technology, or equivalent education with at least 60 semester hours including, at a minimum, six semester hours each of chemistry and biology and twelve semester hours of chemistry, biology, or medical technology in any combination from an accredited institution.
Must have previously qualified or could have qualified as a laboratory medical technologist on or before February 28, 1992
On or before April 24, 1995 must have been a high school graduate or equivalent and have either graduated from a HHS approved medical laboratory training program or successfully completed an official U.S. military medical laboratory procedures training course of at least 50 weeks duration and have held the military enlisted occupational specialty of Medical Laboratory Specialist (Laboratory Technician).
– Good working knowledge of basic clinical laboratory and pathology terminology
– Excellent written & verbal communication skills
– Excellent organizational skills necessary to work under time constraints
– Ability to keep detailed records
– Excellent attendance
– Strong customer focus
– Excellent interpersonal skills in working with customers, clinicians & coworkers
– Basic computer keyboard skills & word processing of 20 wpm
– Ability to function according to established policies and procedures under the general supervision, and, as applicable, direct supervision of a pathologist
– Must be able to read, write and speak the English language
– All Testing Required for This Position Must Be Completed By (10 days after posting expiration date) If you have not completed and passed testing within the last 12 months, you must contact Recruitment Services immediately at the location nearest you to schedule testing. Please allow adequate time to schedule and complete all required skills testing.
– Alameda – Greater Southern Alameda Area 510.618.5828
– Central Valley – Modesto 209.735.3049
– Diablo / Walnut Creek / Antioch 925.229.7680
– East Bay / Oakland 510.752.6140
– Fresno 559.448.5170
– Martinez 925.229.7680
– Napa / Solano / Vacaville / Vallejo 707.651.1839
– Northern California Regional Offices 510.987.4806
– Redwood City 650.299.3018
– Sacramento Valley / Roseville 916.486.5238
– San Rafael 415-491-3020
– San Francisco 415.833.2555
– San Jose 408.972.6085
– Santa Clara 408.851.2968
– Santa Rosa 707.571.3987
– South Sacramento 916.688.6995
– South San Francisco 650.742.2643
Primary Location: California,Roseville,Roseville Hospital
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 1
Workdays: Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Working Hours Start: 09:00 AM
Working Hours End: 08:00 PM
Job Schedule: Call-in/On-Call
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: A01|SEIU|United Healthworkers
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Roseville Hospital – Pathology-General – 0206
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Career Tag : Kaiser Permanente Jobs in Roseville, Kaiser Permanente career in Roseville, Kaiser health jobs in Roseville, Healthcare jobs in Roseville California, Jobs in Roseville California, Roseville jobs, Hiring nearby in Roseville California
Looking to join healthcare leaders? Pharmry will help you to get Pharma jobs in Roseville. Kaiser Permanente is currently looking to hire a Pathology Technician Assistant AA – Grade 430 in Roseville California. Subscribe us to get latest job alert from us.