Join healthcare leader Kaiser Permanente as Pharmacy Technician II- 40 hrs, Largo in Largo. Read role and responsibility to apply Kaiser Permanente is careers in Largo Maryland.
Position : Pharmacy Technician II- 40 hrs, Largo
Location : Largo, Maryland
Job Type : Full-time
Description: $2,000 sign-on bonus eligible position!
Greets members at front desk, enters information about prescriptions into computer system, receives payment from members, and prepares medications for approval by pharmacist. May perform the duties of a Pharmacy Inventory Technician or a Pharmacy Admixture Technician.
• Greets members at counter or over the telephone, verifies member’s eligibility status, and receives prescriptions from members for pharmaceuticals.
• Enters prescription information into computer system and prints labels for use by pharmacist.
• Receives payment according to terms of members’ plan.
• Selects requested drugs from Baker cell dispenser or counts drugs from pharmacy shelf.
• Reconstitutes medications by mixing with fluids.
• Prepares intravenous prescriptions, topical ointments, and other drugs by mixing prescribed dosages.
• Attaches labels to container for review by pharmacist.
• Calls members to pick-up completed prescription.
• Receives payment for over-the-counter medications and medical supplies selected by members.
• Answers routine inquiries from members regarding health plan drug coverage, prices, and related issues.
• Identifies situations when patient should speak with pharmacist regarding use of drugs and asks pharmacist to speak to member.
• Orders and stocks drugs and supplies, assembles drugs and supplies for clinical departments, stocks crash carts, and performs other inventory duties.
• Performs other related duties as directed.
Week 1: Mon, Wed, Fri 12:00pm-8:30pm; Sat 8:00am-4:30pm
Week 2: Sun 8:00am-4:30pm; Mon, Tues, Thu, Fri 12:00pm-8:30pm
• One (1) year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician required.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Compliance with all state board of pharmacy rules and licensing requirements where applicable required.
• Active CPHT certification required. (Pharmacy students are exempted from the CPHT requirement where applicable).
• Knowledge of medical terminology, generic drug names, pharmaceutical calculations, and ability to assume responsibility for coordinating drug inventory control in medical clinics.
• Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
• Successful completion of an accredited pharmacy technician training program or US Military program OR one (1) year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician preferred.
Primary Location: Maryland,Largo,Largo Medical Center
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM
Working Hours End: 08:30 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: M40|OPEIU|Local 2
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Specialty: Pharmacy Technician
Department: Largo Medical Center – O/P Pharmacy 1st Floor-A/Main – 1808
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Career Tag : Kaiser Permanente Jobs in Largo, Kaiser Permanente career in Largo, Kaiser health jobs in Largo, Healthcare jobs in Largo Maryland, Jobs in Largo Maryland, Largo jobs, Hiring nearby in Largo Maryland
Looking to join healthcare leaders? Pharmry will help you to get Pharma jobs in Largo. Kaiser Permanente is currently looking to hire a Pharmacy Technician II- 40 hrs, Largo in Largo Maryland. Subscribe us to get latest job alert from us.