Join healthcare leader Kaiser Permanente as Vision Services Assistant I in Oakland. Read role and responsibility to apply Kaiser Permanente is careers in Oakland California.
Position : Vision Services Assistant I
Location : Oakland, California
Job Type : Full-time
A Vision Services Assistant (V.S.A.) is a member of the Eye Services team, providing direct support to the providers (ophthalmologists and optometrists) and the Eye Services operation, while working under the direct supervision of the Chief of Ophthalmology or designee(s). The V.S.A.’s primary role will be to enhance to provider interactions with their customers utilizing specific knowledge, objective ophthalmic testing and practicing special technical skills in the Eye Services specialty. The VSA will maximize opportunities for flexible operations within vision services by assisting with provider visits as well as supporting department operations with clerical services (e.g., making appointments, scheduling surgical procedures, taking messages, registering patients, etc.).
• Measures and records intraocular pressure (tonometry), neutralization of spectacles (lensometry), automated visual fields, autorefraction (in preparation for the subjective refraction by the provider), autokeratometry, anterior chamber angles, vital signs, and pupillary response and other objective ophthalmic testing procedures.
• Measures complete visual acuity’s for all ages and ocular diagnoses, including Snellen charts, HOTV charts, color vision, and stereopsis.
• Administers topical eye medications per specific physician order in preparation for testing as permitted by state law and regulation.
• Performs other objective ophthalmic testing and automated image capture as indicated.
• Makes and cancels Optometry, Ophthalmology, medical clearances, and diagnostic appointments.
• Obtains and prepares the appropriate medical information (records, files, forms, diagnostic results) for the provider.
• Records relevant medical information for the provider (i.e., assessments, plans, interventions, and spectacles) completes forms and other necessary data entry.
• Documents concise and relevant medical and ocular histories in the medical record.
• Escorts patients to exam rooms and prepares them for examination.
• Instructs eye patients by providing relevant information, per provider protocols.
• Witnesses patient consent signature and signs forms.
• Electronically, set up lab, x-ray and other requisitions, as needed.
• Labels specimen and Pathology Requests forms.
• Documents the specimens following departmental specific procedures.
• Sets up and assists with minor surgical procedures of the eye, as needed by setting up supplies, handling instruments, etc.
• Anticipate provider needs (preparation of supplies, instruments, and equipment).
• Cleans (changing cleaning solutions, as needed), wraps, labels and re-stocks instruments. Maintains equipment and orders/stocks supplies.
• Orders and maintains inventory par levels of supplies, forms, medications, etc. as needed.
• Keeps work area clean.
• Calls patients with messages from providers and documents disposition.
• Documents, updates and processes records relating to provider appointments.
• Performs surgical scheduling functions, as needed.
• Answers phones, makes appoints, takes messages.
• Maintains provider and department files, as needed.
• Performs other related duties as necessary.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
– Must be a graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program or an in-house Kaiser Permanente Medical Assistant program, or have at lease one (1) year (1,000 hours or more per year) of experience as a Kaiser Permanente Medical Assistant, or have one (1) year (1000 hours or more per year) recent experience of assisting physicians or Optometrists in an eye care setting.
– High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
– Must successfully complete PARRS II, AutoReg, and be able to work with electronic medical record system.
– Good verbal and written communication skills, including legible handwriting.
– Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
– Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams required.
– Knowledge of computer and computer keyboard.
– Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
– Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,Oakland Howe Medical Offices
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 4
Working Hours Start: 08:30 AM
Working Hours End: 12:30 PM
Job Schedule: Short Hour
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: A01|SEIU|United Healthworkers
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Oakland Hospital – Ophthalmology-Clinic Nurse – 0206
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Career Tag : Kaiser Permanente Jobs in Oakland, Kaiser Permanente career in Oakland, Kaiser health jobs in Oakland, Healthcare jobs in Oakland California, Jobs in Oakland California, Oakland jobs, Hiring nearby in Oakland California
Looking to join healthcare leaders? Pharmry will help you to get Pharma jobs in Oakland. Kaiser Permanente is currently looking to hire a Vision Services Assistant I in Oakland California. Subscribe us to get latest job alert from us.