Join healthcare leader Kaiser Permanente as Medical Office Assistant II in San Diego. Read role and responsibility to apply Kaiser Permanente is careers in San Diego California.
Position : Medical Office Assistant II
Location : San Diego, California
Job Type : Full-time
Description: Under direct supervision of RN or provider performs routine patient care followingdepartment policies and procedures. Assists with patient exams and procedures, responds to members’ telephone messages and provides education to members and families.
– May perform nursing care functions such as vital signs, removal and/or application of dressings for assessment by licensed provider, cleaning wound after provider’s assessment and instructions, shaving and skin preparation, reinforce standardized self care procedures as directed by licensed provider.
– Recognizes and responds to acute emergency situations following established procedures.
– May draw up injection solutions for immediate use upon physician orders.
– Orients patients to system policies and practices.
– Provides appropriate instruction sheets based upon provider direction.
– Reviews instruction sheet with patient.
– Transports patients by assisting or lifting individuals onto mobile beds or wheelchairs and transports/transfers patient onto other hospital or clinic areas as directed.
– Completes necessary arrangements or organizes treatment room prior to surgical and/or examination procedures by setting up or laying out instruments, drapes and sponges contained in sterile trays and assembling equipment items as required for particular procedures as directed by physician.
– May assist licensed provider with patient examinations and treatments by positioning, restraining patients and assisting as directed.
– Provides assistance in treatment rooms during minor surgical procedures and/or various diagnostic examinations by positioning and draping; may hold clamps or retractors, sponge vascular areas, and pass instruments as specifically directed by physician.
– Assures safety or patient during procedures and transport.
– May prepare and transport items such as medical equipment and laboratory specimens.
– May clean and disinfect instruments/equipment according to standardized procedures.
– Follow Universal Precautions.
– Reports incidents of failure to follow procedures to Department Administrator or designee.
– Maintains departmental files, performing duties such as pulling files and assembling forms prior to appointment, and filing returned diagnostic reports as directed.
– Initiates and/or completes diagnostic test forms per provider order, telephones prescriptions to pharmacies, relays medical information from physician to patient and relays information from patient to physician.
– Charts in patient medical records as indicated.
– May perform lab tests including urine dip-tests, acetone tests, hemocult tests, tests to determine PH., protein and PKU.
– May perform hearing and vision tests, glaucoma tests and visual acuities.
– Collects, by non-invasive techniques and preserves specimens for testing, including urine, sputum and stool.
– Participates in Departmental Quality Assurance Activities.
– Performs other duties as required, such as checking patients medical records for incomplete data, relaying messages to staff personnel.
– Note: Specific duties may vary depending on assignment.
– Note: Bold print indicates those difference between the Medical Office Assistant I and II classifications.
– These responsibilities are specific to the Medical Office Assistant II.
• Completion of a program in Medical Office Assistant with Certification AND equivalent of six (6) months of experience OR twelve (12) months of equivalent experience in lieu of certification required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Valid CPR.
• If position is for Pediatrics, it requires minimum of one (1) year pediatric or equivalent experience.
• Prescription call in for ambulatory care setting.
• Ability to give and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to work effectively with the public.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the sterile techniques.
• Schedule work hours per week will be 20-32.
• Will travel to all locations-ZMC, OTM & SAM.
Primary Location: California,San Diego,Zion Medical Center
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 21
Workdays: Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Working Hours Start: 08:30 AM
Working Hours End: 05:00 PM
Job Schedule: Part-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: B09|OPEIU|Local 30
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: ZION MEDICAL CENTER – Neurology-Sleep Laboratory – 0806
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Career Tag : Kaiser Permanente Jobs in San Diego, Kaiser Permanente career in San Diego, Kaiser health jobs in San Diego, Healthcare jobs in San Diego California, Jobs in San Diego California, San Diego jobs, Hiring nearby in San Diego California
Looking to join healthcare leaders? Pharmry will help you to get Pharma jobs in San Diego. Kaiser Permanente is currently looking to hire a Medical Office Assistant II in San Diego California. Subscribe us to get latest job alert from us.