Join healthcare leader Kaiser Permanente as Defined Contribution Benefits Consultant III in Oakland. Read role and responsibility to apply Kaiser Permanente is careers in Oakland California.
Position : Defined Contribution Benefits Consultant III
Location : Oakland, California
Job Type : Full-time
Description: In this role, ability to analyze defined contribution records (employee deferral contributions, employer/match contributions), weekly/monthly reports, audit reports for accuracy. Data entry, updating elements in HCM/Oracle. Managing escalations from vendors and the National Human Resource Service Center. You will be responsible for the administration of defined contribution employee benefits plans (401k, 403B, Plan B, ROTH, etc). You will conduct needs assessments of these plans for represented employees and non-represented employees. Based on the need assessments, you will research, resolve, implement, and document benefit processes and oversee/ensure accurate and timely compliance with all relevant government regulations and requirements, including filings, reporting, audits, compliance activities, and corrective measures. This role requires engagement with defined contribution vendors who administer the plans. In addition, you may be responsible special projects related to Total Rewards benefits activities.
The Benefits Practice is responsible for the full life-cycle of employee benefits programs, from design through reporting and compliance. Conducts needs assessments for benefit plan design (in response to competitive market analysis, labor relations bargaining efforts, compliance/regulatory requirements, or other business needs) for represented employees, non-represented employees, and physicians. Based on needs assessments, researches, designs, implements, and documents benefits programs. Oversees and ensures accurate and timely compliance with all relevant government regulations and requirements, including filings, reporting, audits, compliance activities and corrective measures. May be responsible for rate negotiations and renewals. Depending upon the specific position, incumbents may be responsible for the entire span of these benefits activities or may focus on a particular group of activities.
• Needs Assessment: Conducts needs assessments for benefit plan design. Compiles market data or analyzes collective bargaining agreements. Works with regional stakeholders to ensure thoroughness of assessment.
• Benefits Plan Research: Based upon needs assessment activities, changes in regulations or legislation, or in response to collective bargaining activity or other business needs, researches and summarizes alternatives in benefit plan design. Researches impacts of alternatives from and develops a framework for analysis.
• Benefits Plan Design: Revises and/or designs, portions of less complex benefits plans or plan features.
• Implementation of new benefit plans and/or changes to existing benefits plans: Participates in departmental teams to ensure successful implementation of new benefit plans or changes to existing benefit plans. Partners with other departments or functions, as necessary. Identifies issues associated with projects, and escalates issues for resolution.
• Benefits Plan Documentation, Reporting, & Compliance: Participates in the annual documentation of employee benefit plans. Supports the collection and analysis of data for mandatory filings. Identifies and requests data for compliance testing of benefit programs. Identifies and researches complex compliance errors; recommends correction methodologies. Participates in inter-departmental and cross functional teams, which may include outside consultants and counsel, to implement corrective actions to maintain plan compliance. Responds to information requests from outside agencies or auditors. Interprets benefit provisions and fact scenarios. Maintains Administrative Record.
• Vendor/Consultant Relations: May work with outside vendors and/or consultants to achieve departmental goals.
• Minimum four (4) years of human resources experience, including a minimum two (2) years of benefits experience.
• Bachelor’s degree, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Knowledge of fundamental benefits practices and regulations/legislation (for example, ERISA), required.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Minimum four (4) years of benefits experience.
• Knowledge of benefits practices in large organizations and especially for represented populations preferred.
* Defined Contribution adminstration experience working with third part adminstrators and record keeping vendors such as Vanguard, Schwab, and/or Fidelity
Primary Location: California,Oakland,Ordway
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Working Hours Start: 08:00 AM
Working Hours End: 05:00 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-PO-01|NUE|Non Union Employee
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Department: Po/Ho Corp – PO HR – Ben Pacts Admin – 7022
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Career Tag : Kaiser Permanente Jobs in Oakland, Kaiser Permanente career in Oakland, Kaiser health jobs in Oakland, Healthcare jobs in Oakland California, Jobs in Oakland California, Oakland jobs, Hiring nearby in Oakland California
Looking to join healthcare leaders? Pharmry will help you to get Pharma jobs in Oakland. Kaiser Permanente is currently looking to hire a Defined Contribution Benefits Consultant III in Oakland California. Subscribe us to get latest job alert from us.