Join healthcare leader Kaiser Permanente as Nurse Assistant in Santa Clara. Read role and responsibility to apply Kaiser Permanente is careers in Santa Clara California.
Position : Nurse Assistant
Location : Santa Clara, California
Job Type : Full-time
Working for an organization with the size and resources of Kaiser Permanente Northern California means having the potential to positively affect the health and well-being of entire communities. From our financial, business, and IT experts, to our RNs, allied health professionals, and physicians, we work together to provide the best care experience to our members and the communities we serve. As one of the most diverse regions in the country, Northern California offers everything from the majestic Sierra Mountains, to breathtaking Yosemite, to world-renowned Napa Valley. Here, you’ll discover the cultural and recreational diversity that makes Northern California one of the most desirable places in the world to live and work. As Northern California’s largest health plan, Kaiser Permanente provides you with the resources and opportunity to build a rewarding career in an environment that supports your success. Join us.
• Obtains, records, & reports vital signs on patients as directed.
• Documents data collected per standards.
• Collects & reports data to RN for development of plans for meeting patient/family needs.
• Implements & documents safe, therapeutic, & efficient care as directed by RN.
• Supports appropriate priorities for patient care.
• Anticipates need for emotional support.
• Supports the psychological, social, spiritual, & cultural needs of the patient & family.
• Takes preventative measures in giving patient care: Protects skin & mucous membranes.
• Protects patients from falls or other contact injuries.
• Uses positioning &/or exercise to prevent injury or the complications of immobility.
• Removes/reports environmental hazards in the patient care area.
• Implements interventions appropriate to specific age groups& developmental status of patients.
• Encourages patient/family to participate in treatments as directed.
• Provides transport to & from nursing units.
• Observes, records, & reports patient/family response to nursing care.
• Maintains call light within patient’s reach & uses designated communication mechanism for patients w/ impaired hearing, speaking skills, or language barriers
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• BLS certification.
• Current CNA certificate.
• Six month acute Medical/Surgical experience as a Nurse Attendant required the past two years or satisfactory completion of NA training program or military corpsman, or RN/LVN student with one semester of clinical experience or EMT training.
• Position requires prolonged standing and working, with ability to lift and move patients.
• Must demonstrate competency in basic nursing skills (i.e., vital signs, patient dressing, feeding, ambulation, and transfer).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English required.
• Interpersonal skills required to promote cohesive team environment.
• Must pass pre-employment physical.
• Courtesy required.
• Must be willing to work in a labor-management partnership environment
Primary Location: California,Santa Clara,Santa Clara Hospital
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 1
Working Hours Start: 07:00 AM
Working Hours End: 05:30 PM
Job Schedule: Call-in/On-Call
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: A01|SEIU|United Healthworkers
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Santa Clara Homestead Hospital – Recovery – Ouptnt Surgry – 0201
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Career Tag : Kaiser Permanente Jobs in Santa Clara, Kaiser Permanente career in Santa Clara, Kaiser health jobs in Santa Clara, Healthcare jobs in Santa Clara California, Jobs in Santa Clara California, Santa Clara jobs, Hiring nearby in Santa Clara California
Looking to join healthcare leaders? Pharmry will help you to get Pharma jobs in Santa Clara. Kaiser Permanente is currently looking to hire a Nurse Assistant in Santa Clara California. Subscribe us to get latest job alert from us.