Join healthcare leader Kaiser Permanente as RRL Laboratory Assistant II in North Hollywood. Read role and responsibility to apply Kaiser Permanente is careers in North Hollywood California.
Position : RRL Laboratory Assistant II
Location : North Hollywood, California
Job Type : Full-time
Description: Under the direct and constant supervision of a licensed person as authorized under California B&PC 1269, Laboratory Assistants II performs more complex procedures defined for laboratory assistants in the RRL, such as loading samples and assisting in the operation of laboratory instruments, monitoring overdue reports and resolving problem specimens.
– Performs all the duties and responsibilities of an RRL Lab Assistant I
– Prepares specimen for testing and/or send outs, including batching, creating wordlists/worksheet, pipetting, separating (serum/plasma/fluids) samples, removing fibrins/clots, centrifuging, aliquotting and preparing dilutions with the use of a calibrated pre-set pipettor
– Takes inventory, orders, receives, unpacks, distributes, and stocks supplies as needed
– Loads/unloads samples onto instruments, assists in the operation and monitoring of automated or semiautomated instruments, and notifies a CLS for any instrument alerts
– Assists in the performance of quality control procedures and may transcribe QC results that have been previously recorded automatically by a testing instrument
– Performs/assists in preventive maintenance and basic troubleshooting function, pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical laboratory equipment/instruments, and alerts a CLS for any suspicious outlier
– Reads and transcribes digital temperature, humidity, weights, etc. and alerts a CLS for any suspicious outlier
– Monitors overdue/pending/incomplete test reports, researches, resolves and follows through on problem specimens or patient data problems per policies and procedures
– Completes and maintains laboratory worksheets, preventive maintenance logs, specimen logs, labels, and other records, as required
– Performs specimen preservation, fixation, harvesting, plating, and staining
– Performs numerical matching or arrangement of pre-labeled metaphases, as applicable
– Prepares cyto prep slides and/or cell blocks from specimens, as applicable
– Trains and orients new employees as necessary
– Performs other related duties (limited to non-licensed duties only) as necessary
– Detailed/specific position description of job tasks/functions may be developed by each of the laboratory departments
– The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and the level of work being performed by the individuals assigned to this position and as such are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
– Minimum one (1) year of experience within the last three (3) years as a Laboratory Assistant in a high volume laboratory required.
– High School graduate/GED required.
License, Certification, Registration
– Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs.
Primary Location: California,North Hollywood,Sherman Way Central Lab E
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 1
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Working Hours Start: 02:30 PM
Working Hours End: 11:00 PM
Job Schedule: Call-in/On-Call
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: B01|SEIU|Local 399
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Sherman Way Central Lab-Bldg A – Rgnl Othr-Lab Client Svcs – 0806
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Career Tag : Kaiser Permanente Jobs in North Hollywood, Kaiser Permanente career in North Hollywood, Kaiser health jobs in North Hollywood, Healthcare jobs in North Hollywood California, Jobs in North Hollywood California, North Hollywood jobs, Hiring nearby in North Hollywood California
Looking to join healthcare leaders? Pharmry will help you to get Pharma jobs in North Hollywood. Kaiser Permanente is currently looking to hire a RRL Laboratory Assistant II in North Hollywood California. Subscribe us to get latest job alert from us.