Join healthcare leader Kaiser Permanente as Nutrition Partner in Oakland. Read role and responsibility to apply Kaiser Permanente is careers in Oakland California.
Position : Nutrition Partner
Location : Oakland, California
Job Type : Full-time
Description: Performs a variety of tasks to ensure proper set up & delivery of meals & supplies for patient & non-patient food srv. Receives food & supplies & stores in appropriate storage areas. Processes info related to nutritional care of patients. Collects, maintains, & communicates data relative to patient’s dietary requirements & operational needs of the Dept.
• Collects patient meal & snack choices according to diet order (MNT) in writing or via handheld electronic device, assuring the patient’s age specific, food allergy, religious, cultural & food preference needs are accommodated. Offers patients alternative food & beverage selections & resolves problems & concerns utilizing the patient care team, registered dietitian, nutrition clerk or Mgmt.
• Prints documents using CBORD software on PC. Prepares tray tickets for tray-line & collects food & supplies for srv. Assembles patient meals (tray line) & snacks accurately according to diet order, tray ticket, snack label or other protocol. Measures food portions into individual servings. As assigned delivers meals & snacks, stores properly &/or heats & serves trays to proper patient. May also deliver & store non patient meals, catering or other assigned food & supplies.
• Receives & stores product deliveries such as groceries, tube feedings, supplements, office supplies, equipment, paper goods, etc. Organizes new products in proper location behind older products (First In, First Out), discards dented products, extra cardboard or garbage, labels any goods or products as assigned. Inspects delivery & reviews invoice for accuracy & proper condition of goods & signs invoice if authorized to do so.
• Stocks assigned areas w/products such as condiments, paper goods, food, beverages, chemicals according to defined par levels or procedures. Stocking may include floor nourishments, tray line supplies, printer paper supplies, chemical dispensers, etc.
• Organizes & cleans & sanitizes assigned pantry & kitchen surfaces & equipment according to defined procedures as frequently as assigned. Cleaning of equipment includes coffee brewers, microwaves, blenders, beverage dispensers, toasters, refrigerators, freezers, work surfaces, drawers, cupboards, walls, etc. Cleaning of other areas may include office areas, storerooms, walk in refrigerators & walk in freezers.
• Records all assigned data such as food storage temperatures, dishwasher temperatures, pH levels, meal counts, late trays, etc. & logs data in proper area. Assures temperatures or other data are w/in assigned range & follows up w/action & documentation when out of range. Documents equipment malfunctions according to facility procedure.
• Prepares orders for food, beverages, paper goods, tube feedings, supplies, etc. & places order according to facility procedure. Collects & maintains statistical data &/or financial records, calendars meetings, prepares correspondence, reports & email notifications as assigned.
• Monitors pertinent patient info such as admission, discharge, transfer, diet order changes. Initiates all follow up based on the data such as adding a tray ticket, changing a room on a meal, adding a fluid restriction etc. Reviews diet related status of patients’ nutritional care via CBORD software system & updates menus, tray tickets, nourishments, tube feeding, preferences, according to facility protocol to assure nutritional adequacy, age specific, cultural, religious needs are met, & avoids potential food-drug interactions. Organizes test meals for compliance w/current prescribed diet order as assigned. Files required documents such as delivery logs, orders, patient census, diet order census, etc.
• Utilizes facility technology to complete assigned tasks. Logs on & off personal computer & utilizes assigned program such as email, intranet, CBORD, Health Connect, word processing &/or spreadsheets, etc. Completes assigned tasks such as generating data, hot synching Palm Pilots, printing, sending, saving, deleting, copying, entering data in PC or h& held device; Initiates &/or answers pages as needed. Answers telephone & responds to customers in timely manner. Enter food preferences, menu selections & nutritional notes into CBORD as needed. Be able to implement down time procedures of computer system.
• Prepares commissary order for food & supplies on a daily basis according to established procedures assuring adequate quantity & type of inventory needed.
• Problem solves for customers such as patient care team members, clinical dietitians, etc. Refers customer to appropriate person, department, or provides follow up.
• Assists in training new employees as necessary.
• Perform other related duties as required.
– High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
License, Certification, Registration
– Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
– Data entry skills utilizing Word or Excel database systems.
– Data entry skills utilizing handheld electronic device desirable.
– Ability to draft short correspondence desirable.
– Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other individuals within the organization.
– Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
– Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
– Six (6) months of experience in nutritional services department/diet office in an acute care or skilled nursing facility preferred or one (1) year of other food service experience preferred.
– Knowledge of therapeutic diets preferred.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,Oakland Hospital
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 20
Workdays: Week 1 : Sun, Mon, Thu, Fri, Sat. , Week 2 : Sun, Mon, Thu, Fri, sat
Working Hours Start: 03:30 PM
Working Hours End: 07:30 PM
Job Schedule: Part-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: A01|SEIU|United Healthworkers
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Oakland Hospital – Food Preparation – 0201
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Career Tag : Kaiser Permanente Jobs in Oakland, Kaiser Permanente career in Oakland, Kaiser health jobs in Oakland, Healthcare jobs in Oakland California, Jobs in Oakland California, Oakland jobs, Hiring nearby in Oakland California
Looking to join healthcare leaders? Pharmry will help you to get Pharma jobs in Oakland. Kaiser Permanente is currently looking to hire a Nutrition Partner in Oakland California. Subscribe us to get latest job alert from us.