Join healthcare leader Kaiser Permanente as LVN in San Diego. Read role and responsibility to apply Kaiser Permanente is careers in San Diego California.
Position : LVN
Location : San Diego, California
Job Type : Full-time
Description: Under direct supervision of an RN or provider performs routine patient care, excluding administration of IV medications and venipuncture, following established policies, procedures and standards; follows Quality of Service Standards; follows Universal Precautions.
– May perform nursing care functions such as vital signs, removal and/or application of dressings for assessment by licensed provider.
– Cleaning or irrigating wound after provider’s assessment and instructions, shaving and skin preparation, ear washes, NG insertion&lavage, urinary catheter insertion&irrigation.
– Reinforce standardized self care procedures as directed by licensed provider.
– Recognizes and responds to acute emergency situation following established procedures.
– Orients patients to system policies and practices.
– Provides appropriate instruction sheets based upon provider direction.
– Reviews instruction sheet with patient.
– Administers medications, excluding IV medications, as ordered by provider.
– Observes and documents patients’ response to medications and therapy.
– May perform tuberculin, coccidioidin and histoplasmin skin tests, provides such tests are part of a tuberculosis control program.
– May perform immunizations provides they are based upon written protocols.
– Completes necessary arrangements or organizes treatment rooms prior to surgical and/or examination procedures by setting up or laying out instruments, drapes and sponges contained in sterile trays and assembling equipment items as required for particular procedures as directed.
– May assist licensed provider with patient examinations and treatments by positioning, restraining patients, and assisting as directed.
– Provides assistance in treatment rooms during minor surgical procedures and/or various diagnostic examinations by positioning and draping.
– May hold clamps or retractors, sponge vascular areas, and pass instruments as specifically directed by the physician.
– Assures safety of patient during procedures.
– May prepare and transport items such as medical equipment and laboratory specimens.
– May clean and disinfect instruments/equipment according to standardized procedures.
– Follows Universal Precautions. Reports incidents of failure to follow procedures to Department Administrator or designee.
– Maintains departmental files, performing duties such as pulling file and assembling forms prior to appointment, and filing returned diagnostic reports as directed.
– Initiates and/or completes diagnostic rest forms per provider order, telephones prescriptions to pharmacies, relays medical information from physician to patient, and relays information from patient to physician.
– Charts in patient’s medical record as indicated.
– May perform lab tests including urine dip-tests, acetone tests, hemoccult tests, tests to determine. PH, protein, PKU.
– May perform hearing and vision tests, glaucoma tests and visual acuities.
– Collects, by non-invasive and invasive techniques, and preserves specimens for testing, including urine, and sputum and stool.
– Participates in Department Quality Assurance activities.
– Performs other duties, as required, such as checking patients’ medical records for incomplete data and relaying message to staff personnel.
– Note: Specific duties may vary depending on assignment.
– Note: Bold print indicates the differences between an MAII&LVN.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
• Current CA LVN license and BLS certification.
• Ability to give and follow verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to work effectively with the public.
• Demonstrated knowledge of sterile technique.
• Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to customers, contracted providers, and vendors.
Current CA LVN Licensed & Basic Life Support Certification.
• Be able to do early, evening and weekend clinics.
Float to all OBGYN locations, cross train to support OBG Sub-specialty clinics.
Primary Location: California,San Diego,Carmel Valley Medical Offices
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun,
Working Hours Start: 06:30 AM
Working Hours End: 09:30 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: B09|OPEIU|Local 30
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Specialty: LVN / LPN
Department: Carmel Valley MOB – Obstetrics/Gyn-Reg Clin – 0806
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Career Tag : Kaiser Permanente Jobs in San Diego, Kaiser Permanente career in San Diego, Kaiser health jobs in San Diego, Healthcare jobs in San Diego California, Jobs in San Diego California, San Diego jobs, Hiring nearby in San Diego California
Looking to join healthcare leaders? Pharmry will help you to get Pharma jobs in San Diego. Kaiser Permanente is currently looking to hire a LVN in San Diego California. Subscribe us to get latest job alert from us.