Join healthcare leader Kaiser Permanente as Medical Assistant, OR- Lead Bilingual Spanish ( 40 hours) Portland in Portland. Read role and responsibility to apply Kaiser Permanente is careers in Portland Oregon.
Position : Medical Assistant, OR- Lead Bilingual Spanish ( 40 hours) Portland
Location : Portland, Oregon
Job Type : Full-time
Description: Participates with the Health Care Team in delivering quality health care to patients in a manner that reflects Kaiser Permanente’s mission, vision and values. Provides support and assistance to the patient and Health Care Team to promote population based care, continuity of care, customer satisfaction, and self-care. Works under the clinical supervision of the physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner, and under the general direction of the designated supervisor.
– Provides patient care that is consistent with organizational policies & external regulations & requirements.
– Seeks supervision/consultation or refers to another resource when unable to perform safely, effectively or within role.
– Provides care based on established protocols, guidelines & standards of
– Care & scientific principle
– Demonstrates positive interactions with the public & with employees, supervisors, & clinicians/providers in accordance with Organizational Behavioral Guidelines.
– Uses effective communication skills to minimize conflict and/or address difficult situations. Refers patient to appropriate resource for assistance if unable to resolve problem.
– Presents a professional appearance & approach with patient & staff; demonstrates honest & ethical behavior.
– Handles patient & employee information with appropriate sensitivity & safeguarding to ensure confidentiality & right to privacy.
– Consistently demonstrates & incorporates principles of safety & infection control into daily activities as outlined in organization’s policies/procedures. Actively participates in safety & infection control program activities as identified by specific program policies/procedures.
– Contributes to the effectiveness of the health care team by working together to complete individual assigned work & work of the team.
– Exhibits flexibility when work assignments need to be adjusted to meet service delivery needs & workload of team.
– Reports to work as scheduled & on time per medical office or hospital policy. Time away from work is approved & taken in accordance with established system policies.
– Principle Functions & Duties of the Job
– Assists the clinician/provider in delivering quality care to individual patients
– Prior to scheduled encounters, prepares room & gathers patient information from electronic & paper records including prevention status, previous diagnostics & treatments, medications & allergies & past medical history.
– Monitors clinician schedule & availability & notifies waiting members of any time delays & suggests alternatives that will meet member needs.
– Identifies & greets patient in waiting room, escorts patient to exam room & prepares patient for exam.
– Interviews patients, collects & records vital signs per KP standards, confirms & updates previously documented patient information, flags charts and/or communicates changes & patient status.
– Carries out clinician/provider orders by performing and/or assisting with procedures, treatments, medication & immunization administration, specimen collection, & diagnostic testing per health care team or module protocol.
– Schedules/arranges proscribed diagnostic tests, treatments, procedures, surgeries, transfers and/or referrals within & outside of Kaiser Permanente.
– Provides patient information/instructions with post-visit summary as directed by the clinician/provider. Verifies patient understanding of instructions & follow-up activities.
– Discharges patient following appropriate business practices procedures.
– This job description is not all encompassing.
– Educational Graduate of accredited Medical Assistant or Health Care Assistant program or equivalent training.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
– AHA Health Care Provider Level CPR Certification within 30 days of employment.
– In addition to qualifications for primary job classification, must also demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills including cooperative work relationships in small work groups.
– Note: Specific positions may emphasize one of more of the above listed duties.
– Demonstrated clinical skills (vital signs, history and physical, etc.) in a team environment.
– Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
– Demonstrated communication (written and oral) skills.
– Demonstrated literacy (keyboarding at 35 wpm, data entry experience using a multiform screen).
– Final candidate must pass pre-employment language skill assessment administered over the phone by Kaiser Permanente.
– Upon hire, must take the next available Kaiser Permanente Qualified Bilingual Staff (QBS) training for continued employment.
– Prefer previous leadership experience.
– Three (3) months of work experience with computers, and/or work experience using Windows ’95 or Windows 3.1 preferred.
– Current National Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
Primary Location: Oregon,Portland,Kaiser Permanente Building
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Working Hours Start: 08:30 AM
Working Hours End: 05:00 PM
Job Schedule: Full-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: W06|SEIU|Local 49
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Department: Kaiser Permanente Building – Preventive Services – 1008
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Career Tag : Kaiser Permanente Jobs in Portland, Kaiser Permanente career in Portland, Kaiser health jobs in Portland, Healthcare jobs in Portland Oregon, Jobs in Portland Oregon, Portland jobs, Hiring nearby in Portland Oregon
Looking to join healthcare leaders? Pharmry will help you to get Pharma jobs in Portland. Kaiser Permanente is currently looking to hire a Medical Assistant, OR- Lead Bilingual Spanish ( 40 hours) Portland in Portland Oregon. Subscribe us to get latest job alert from us.