Join healthcare leader Kaiser Permanente as Unit Secretary in Riverside. Read role and responsibility to apply Kaiser Permanente is careers in Riverside California.
Position : Unit Secretary
Location : Riverside, California
Job Type : Full-time
Description: Under the direct supervision of the Nursing Supervisor, performs assigned duties & tasks in accordance w/ organizational rules, policies & procedures. Exercises no supervision over any employee.
– Promotes, ensures and improves customer service to external/internal (physicians and staff both on and off the Unit) customers by demonstrating skills which are consistent with the organization’s philosophy of providing extraordinary customer relations and quality service.
– Processes, transfers and discharges using the Admit-Discharge- Transfer (ADT) system in the electronic medical record, including event management.
– Answers and appropriately routes internal and external telephone calls.
– Orders materials and supplies and collects equipment as needed for this Unit.
– Answers call systems; follows up with the nurse, patient and/or family as appropriate.
– Makes follow-up appointments for patients as necessary.
– In conjunction with the Discharge Coordinator, organizes transfers to other nursing facilities, including printing relevant sections of the patients chart.
– Prepares discharge packets and other documents for patients.
– Coordinates discharge times, contacts family members with pending discharge times, assists and facilitates a timely discharge when the patient is ready.
– Maintains/tracks the Unit’s business equipment, including maintaining appropriately charges wireless carts. Arranges for special maintenance or repair of the Unit’s business equipment.
– Updates the Units census board.
– Maintains the Minimum Medical Record.
– Assists Unit personnel in the electronic medical record and other systems; may act as the Unit resource for computer-related issues.
– Acts as the greeter for the Unit, greeting new patients and their families.
– Initiates Unit downtime procedure when necessary.
– Communicates with other Units/departments.
– May support Environmental Services in the data entry into the ADT system on bed status (clean or dirty).
– Provide management or hospital bed coordinator with updates on open beds.
– May help to facilitate co-pay collection by communicating with the Admitting Office when family members are present on the Unit, relaying information between family and the Admitting Office.
– Participates in hourly rounding to promote service excellence.
– May prepare birth certificates and identification bands.
– Floats to other departments as needed.
– Perform other duties as assigned (see Unit specific activity lists).
• One (1) year experience within the last three (3) years as a Unit Secretary or equivalent.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Medical Terminology Certification.
• Working knowledge of PC’s and the ability to navigate in a Windows environmental utilizing a mouse.
• Ability to learn software applications. Basic knowledge of office equipment (fax, copy machine, scanner).
• Ability to speak clearly, read and writes and thoroughly understands English.
• Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence and medical record documents in English.
• Ability to write correspondence in e-mail.
• Ability to learn policies and procedures.
• Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner appropriate to the developmental stage of the patient.
• Ability to consistently demonstrate the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behavior, necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, members, customers, contracted providers and vendors.
• Schedule to include all shifts, rotating weekends, holidays, and floating within the established seniority section
Primary Location: California,Riverside,Riverside Medical Center/Medical Offices 1
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 20
Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Working Hours Start: 03:00 PM
Working Hours End: 11:30 PM
Job Schedule: Call-in/On-Call
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: B05|USW|Local 7600
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Department: Riverside Med Center – Labor & Delivery-General – 0801
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Career Tag : Kaiser Permanente Jobs in Riverside, Kaiser Permanente career in Riverside, Kaiser health jobs in Riverside, Healthcare jobs in Riverside California, Jobs in Riverside California, Riverside jobs, Hiring nearby in Riverside California
Looking to join healthcare leaders? Pharmry will help you to get Pharma jobs in Riverside. Kaiser Permanente is currently looking to hire a Unit Secretary in Riverside California. Subscribe us to get latest job alert from us.